CONTRIBUTOR: David Battersby























All articles/submissions end with the initials DB.

“Foreign-language/world cinema is an excitingly different flavour to the all too familiar blandness of cookie-cutter Hollywood product. It is no coincidence that Hollywood attempts to adapt so many foreign-language films, because the best of them most often exist outside the big budget bubble, and contain a creative verve that studio execs can only dream of. I find it enlightening and refreshing to gain a different cultural perspective in the films I watch, and while I love the big Hollywood blockbusters as much as the next person (maybe even more than the next person...), cinematic variety outside the norm is very important to me.”

Date Of Birth: 23/12/1987
Favourite Films: Downfall, Seven Samurai, Oldboy, Let The Right One In, Pan’s Labyrinth
Favourite Genres: Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Thriller, Drama, Crime, Action, Comedy

“I am a graduate of Journalism and English from the University of Stirling, with aspirations for a career in journalism and a love for writing (about a variety of topics) and films/filmmaking in general. I currently work in a cinema, and indulge in my love for (almost) all types of movies by maxing out my free ticket allocation on a monthly basis.”

politicalaquarium.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment