CONTRIBUTOR: Susan Robinson























All articles/submissions end with the initials SR.

“A large portion of my high school French education comprised of watching Etre Et Avoir repeatedly, later followed by Jean De Florette and Manon Des Sources. Since then I've been hooked, and tried to branch out from French cinema. Thankfully I live very closely to not one, but two, independent cinemas. I'd like to see foreign-language cinema become (or be seen as) less niche - I've introduced lots of friends and family to foreign films they might not have otherwise tried with very positive results. Much foreign-language cinema tackles issues or presents situations that are far easier to relate to than Hollywood blockbusters, even if under a slightly more intellectual pretext. It also can't hurt to see films that have a different cultural perspective.”

Date Of Birth: 08/08/1989
Favourite Films: The First Day Of The Rest Of Your Life, The Last Mistress, Pan's Labyrinth, The Black Panther, Let The Right One In, Milou En Mai
Favourite Genres: Thriller, Film Noir, Documentary, Black Comedy, Family Drama

“I'm a final year English Literature student at the University of Edinburgh, and I'm ex-Editor of the student newspaper The Student. This year I was web content writer for the official Edinburgh International Film Festival website. When not doing these things, I like second-hand bookshops, wandering aimlessly and making my own wine.”

twitter.com/SusanGRobinson
susanrobinson.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment